How should I care for my My Jewelry Is pieces?
Your My Jewelry Is pieces should be handled with care at all times. Our pieces are delicate and we take no responsibility for careless wear or storage.
- Before you put any jewelry on, be sure any lotions, perfumes and make up are absorbed into your skin.
- Preserve your jewelry’s plating and Sterling silver properties by avoiding contact with cleaning agents, beauty products, water and chemicals.
- Avoid direct contact with water (salt, chlorine or fresh).
- Remove your jewelry before exercising, swimming or prior to bedtime.
- Do not use a silver cloth or abrasive compounds on your gold plated pieces. Use a dry cotton cloth instead, to renew its shine
- It's ok to use a silver cloth on you Sterling silver pieces. We also recommend your jewelry using warm soapy water and a soft brush.
- Sterling silver will tarnish over time, but it will happen much faster when it comes into contact with perfume, salty air, sulphur, skin creams, hairspray, chlorine and acidic skin ph.
- Use a damp cotton cloth to remove surface dirt or dust.